If you log into the podium computer and your projection comes up dark, follow these steps to set the settings for a lighter display.
- Log into the podium computer using your regular user name or the Journalsim Guest Account
- Go to "System Preferences" and click on "Displays".
- The system will show two different screens: one titled "iMac", which controls the local display settings of the actual iMac screen; the other is "VGA Display", which controls the display of the project screen. Make sure you're on the VGA Display window.
- On the "VGA Display window", select the "Color" tab on the top of the window. a list of color profiles will show on the left side of the window.
- Select "Apple RGB". You should see improvements in the projector's display immediately.
- You may now close the windows. You do not have to apply or OK the changes.
This, for whatever reason, only works for your account and on the projector settings you just changed. This means if you were to change the settings in one classroom, when you returned to the same classroom, the settings would still be there. However if you were to go to another lab, the settings would be dark.